Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 2 EOC : What I think of lawyers

What I think of lawyers is that the majority of them are only out to help those who they can make the most money off of, granted there are a few that are honest hard working individuals who do genuinely care for the people they work with. I think that most lawyers become what they are by the cases they work on. Some are not out to earn a million dollars or become famous for what they do, others seem to only want to be recognized for the cases they win. Theses lawyers will carefully hand pick the people they will work with so that they can maximize the money they make. I recently went through bankruptcy this last year and the lawyer we used was all too happy to take our money and file our claim. Once our case was finalized the lawyer we were using did not feel the need to help us or even pass on important information that we needed having to do with our mortgage company. Needless to say our mortgage company nearly foreclosed on our house and we ended up having to pay a lot of extra money to keep from going to court over the whole thing. So some types of lawyers I really do not like and have very strong feelings (in the negative) about, while others like a few of my friends who are lawyers I do think very highly of. In my opinion I think it comes down to the type of law that the lawyer practices and about their personal integrity. Most lawyers forget about the integrity part after the first few years of their practice. The special ones, and yes there are a few of them out there, never forget about their integrity and still manage to have a very successful career.

No comments:

Post a Comment