Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC: Jeopordy - challenges and opportunities


This week’s assignment is to build our own version of the game jeopardy or at least design the questions for the game using the 120 pages of definitions from the book. This is a way for us to not only learn the definitions but teach others definitions’ as well. In some ways this will be a good teaching method for those who are able to read and retain what they learn, it will also benefit those who are visual learners. In other classes where I’ve seen this type of thing used most people did benefit from it but in my opinion you learn very little long term outside the terms or definitions you research on your own. On the other hand it is a great way to involve everyone and try and get everyone to study the definitions in the book, most people would not study these definitions the way they should otherwise. Besides that it turns a rather boring subject into a fun interactive way to teach and learn the subject. The hardest part of the whole process the whole game design is writing the terms that you want to use so that others can answer the questions. I started designing my categories by trying to find definitions I could reword fairly easily which are turning out to be harder than I first imagined. Some of the things you think will be the easy things to define like acronyms are not as easy to do after all, besides that looking around it looks like a few other people were thinking the same thing. Not wanting to do the same thing as anyone else, which will probably be nearly impossible in a class this size, I’m off to greater learning and defining as I create my masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment